Safety is a core value at Stanford and the University is committed to continued advancement of an institutional safety culture with strong programs of personal safety, accident and injury prevention, wellness promotion, and compliance with applicable environmental and health and safety laws and regulations.
Stanford University makes all reasonable efforts to:
- Promote occupational and personal safety, health and wellness;
- Protect the health and safety of Stanford University faculty, staff and students;
- Provide information to faculty, staff, and students about health and safety hazards;
- Identify and correct health and safety hazards and encourage faculty, staff, and students to report potential hazards;
- Conduct activities in a manner protective of the environment, and inform the Stanford community regarding environmental impacts associated with institutional operations; and
- Maintain a risk-based emergency management program to reduce the impact of emergency events to the Stanford community.